Residential trash services in Harrison are provided by:
Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS)
(formerly Orion Waste Solutions)
805 Cottonwood Rd
Division Mgr: Chad Donovan
Press questions should be directed to Kevin Gardner, Director of Municipal Affairs, at kgardner@LRSRecycles.com
Main office located at 5500 Pearl Street, Rosemont, IL 60018 Phone: 844-.Need.LRS. (844-6333-577)
For service collection dates and other information, call local phone number (870-204-6690).
Three trash hauling companies submitted bids, but Orion Solutions was the apparent low bidder for the next Harrison city-wide contract. Bids were opened at city hall Thursday March 15, 2022. Orion Solutions is the current contractor and submitted the apparent low annual bid. LRS also known as Lakeshore Recycling Systems announced on Nov 3, 2021 the acquistion of Orion operations whose territories include Arkansas, Kansas and Wisconsin. In Arkansas, Harrison and Bethel Heights were included in the acquisition. The new contract for trash hauling and recycling services will go into effect on the first day of 2023. There are some significant changes in the new contract, primarily its length, from 10 years to seven years. Recycling will be a sign-up program for customers. Trash and Recyling cans will be switched out in December with the new logo. Any questions should be directed to LRS at 870-204-6690.
2023 Holiday Routes: TBA at a later date
Memorial Day Holiday:
New Years Holiday:
More information available:
1. Residents will receive 2 blue cans. The blue lid is for trash and the yellow lid is for recyclable.
2. No glass is allowed in recycling can. It may be dropped off at Inland facility on Cottonwood Road.
3. Recyclables should not be in bags or sorted.
4. Cans should be within 2 ft of gutter; 2 ft apart; 6 ft from parked vehicles.
5. Once a month, on the third week of the month, you may set out 1 bulky item (furniture, mattress, toy, push mower, bicycle (no tires), carpet (4'), metal fencing (short length).
6. If you move, leave cans at the old residence. They are tagged for that residence.
7. You will be billed for trash on your water bill, and the charge is $21.68 (including tax). Unless you are on low-volume and it is $20.23. You may apply for low volume through the Water Dept if you qualify.
8. Drop off service is available at 805 Cottonwood Rd for $5.38 per bag (including tax) for household trash. No charge for recycling. Cannot exceed 35 gallon capacity or 40 pounds in weight.
9. No charge for yard waste delivered to Orion location.
10. Trash cannot be outside the container, and lid must be shut.
11. Trash must be out by 6:30 a.m. on trash day.
12. Routes and days will not change.
13. Yard waste is not permitted in the garbage or recycle cans.
Acceptable recyclable items: newspapers, magazines, cardboard, office paper, cereal boxes, telephone books, brown paper bags, plastic containers, tin, bi-metal containers, pie tins, clean aluminum foil, aluminum cans.
Unacceptable recyclable items: Appliances with freon, batteries, paint, automobile parts, construction material, concrete, yard waste (sticks, leaves) dirt, bricks, blocks, tires, liquid waste, dehumidifiers, guns, ammo, soiled food containers, PVC, plastic bags (such as walmart and gro) ,and styrofoam.
Bulky items may be dropped off at the Cottonwood facility for $22.68. Acceptable items are: chairs, couches, small furniture, mattress/box springs, non freon appliances, toys, tools, bicycles (no tires), push mowers, metal (short lengths), carpet (4'), and fencing.
Items will need to be placed curb-side on Sun evenings, as LRS will be passing through only one time through each ward.
Watch our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/harrison.arkansas?ref=hl for comments and other answers that we are making available.
Remember, it is unlawful to burn trash in Arkansas. See this link from the ADEQ: Don't Burn It!.pdf
Harrison’s Spring Clean-Up
2023 April 17th – April 21st
LRS asks that you place all items by the curb on the night before your scheduled day for pick-up. There will only be one pass through for each street.
Acceptable Items: Clothes, Carpet, Fencing,Furniture, Mattresses & Box Springs, Non-Freon Containing Appliances, Toys, Tools, Bicycles (without tires), Push/Self Propelled Lawn Mowers, Metal (short lengths), and Lumber (4 foot in length).
Unacceptable Items: Tires, Batteries, Paint, Liquid Waste, Construction Material, Automobiles and Automobile Parts, Freon-Containing Appliances, Dehumidifiers, Guns and Ammunition, Concrete and Dirt, Bricks and Blocks, Electronics, Glass, Yard Waste, Leaves, and Grass Clippings.
To locate your ward, use the link below:
A 501(c)(3) car donation program that provides funding for veterans' programs. We accept cars, trucks, boats, RVs, motorcycles, etc. and offer donors free towing and a tax deduction. Many of the cars received are recycled